Yves Rocher - France: Christmas Catalog in Sweden 2014


Retail Therapy.

Why?

With all the people needing money and support in the world, you'd think that one ought to just send the money to them instead of spending it shopping or dining out in expensive restaurants.

There is, however, a point in your life (maybe once or twice a year) that you REALLY need to buy something nice for yourself. Then, you could get back to donating. I actually try to do that when a bit of extra money comes in: one organization for children, the Red Cross, and another one that helps people from all over the world.

So, going back to retail therapy...I am subscribed to several clothing and cosmetic products and I get updates on their promos. A couple of weeks ago, I received one of the best surprises from Yves Rocher. They have just started giving away their seemingly annual Christmas white robe made of polyester and fleece, just perfect to keep you comfortably warm in the coming winter. It's free when you order products from them and reply within 10 days! So, I did. I ordered from their line of Blackberry-scented "delights" (hand lotions, lip gloss, hand soap), a Vanilla-perfumed lotion (scent was so strong you need to resist the urge to eat it!), and a violet blanket made of 100% coral fleece that would really look nice on the sofa later on. I ordered it online Monday, and got the package by Friday!




I was all smiles when I received the package, mostly because it was exhilarating purchasing something and it was very therapeutic to tear open a box with little nice things inside you bought online several days before. 





I rummaged through them and closed the box after about 15 minutes. Conversation with the husband went like this:

Me: Okay, that was cool. I'm not happy anymore.
Husband [while driving]: Hmmm...open it again. 

I guess this is the part where they say that retail therapy is definitely cheaper than a psychiatrist BUT it definitely wears you out after literally just several minutes.

Don't get me wrong, though. I don't regret buying from Yves Rocher, their blackberry and vanilla scents are all over the place right now, I actually feel like I live in a candy house. Yum!





Share:

0 comments