Clouds Feed Hungry Hopes

We all have dark moments in our lives and I got through them by looking up at the clouds. 

Growing up in a tropical country meant having the sun shine on your face at almost the exact same time everyday. I used to even say to a friend, who was frequently depressed like I, and it rhymes in Filipino: Hinga nang malalim, tingin sa langit, which translates to take a deep breath and look at the clouds.

Living in Sweden made that a bit difficult since there hardly seems to be any sun from December to February of the following year, but I get through it. A cup of coco and all is great.

Spent the entire weekend cleaning our cellar. One can say that it was the beginning of "spring cleaning" since the time now has changed and yet when I looked up at the clouds, snowfall. In April.




Luckily, we managed to fix the storage room and I will post a picture when I regain my strength to go back there. We have also had disturbances and weird calls during the night so we were not really able to sleep soundly.

By Monday, I went to a career course which I have looked forward to after my classes at the university and while waiting for other documents.

It is always better to learn new things even while waiting than not doing anything at all.

However, the weather was not all that great since I assumed it would be warm by lunchtime, and it was just the opposite. So, I actually felt dazed by the changes in the temperature at this time of the year, but it seemed perfect, anyway.

On the way home while listening to Sarah McLachlan, I realized I wanted to go for a run. There were a lot of thoughts to organize, strategies to re-think, paradigms to breakdown, emotions to get rid of and probably acquire after a boost of endorphins.

Then again, I read somewhere that if you don't find what you were supposed to after a marathon, chances are you never will. Plus, seeing how cold the temperature had been throughout the day, I was unsure. It was a good thing I looked up by the time I reached the corner of our street.





I knew, I just had to run.







Like paper walls, our feelings tore,
Unwilling to bear witness to the other side.
It drowns out all the sorrow.
At least until tomorrow, what then?
- Sarah McLachlan, "Awakenings"


Share:

0 comments