Yahoo!



I think I am beginning to hate their services.

I have separate email addresses for personal and professional messages, of course. That part I do not think I need to explain since I assume that it would be the same for other people.

I perpetually check my mail through my mobile device everyday, including my yahoo address. I have been doing that for a couple of years now. This morning, when I signed in to my yahoo account through the web with a valid password, it asked for a secret question and answer for verification because the device I was signing in was not recognized.  It is understandable that they are only doing this for the protection of their clients, including I. The problem was I could not remember the answer to the verification questions, and I lost the text file where I stored them. Additional to that, I received a notification to my yahoo address in my mobile device that I logged in with a VALID password on an unrecognized device.

So I tried logging into yahoo using my mobile device because I was pretty sure that Yahoo! would at least recognize my mobile device, which I use everyday for logging in, but I had the same problem!

I have now been browsing FOR HOURS through the help center and it just about took me a few more minutes to get to the help page, HOPING that I would find an email address to send my issues to. It would also have been a lot faster at receiving help had there been a chat button available EVERYWHERE throughout the entire help category, but there was NONE either.

It's like Yahoo! makes you go round and round through their entire website. They would give suggestions that you think would help, and then you would end up on the page where you started.

The weird thing is I can still send and receive mails through the built-in email I have setup on my mobile device.

My morning had started out great, and if only it did not end up getting wasted because I had to figure out how to login to my personal email and spend  more hours searching how to get help for it without receiving any!

I love Yahoo! since I first started using it about a decade ago. I just WISH I did not have to waste my time like this.

UPDATE 1: I just found a form in their TWITTER account which I filled up BUT still asked for a security question and answer which were needed before you can send the form! Luckily, I was able to remember that I have put an alternate email address and I had the password reset sent there instead. I have reset the password and I can't log in! Maybe because my account has been locked so I will try again later.

Dear Yahoo! I really enjoy your services BUT PLEASE, could you make your help system a little more...helpful? I think you should have questions like, "Can't find a solution? Contact our customer care and click here.", or something to that effect. Your "Get Help" button acts like a home button. I end up going back to scratch.




Share:

0 comments