Beautiful Summer Mishaps


Imagine standing in a field of sunflowers, the sun shining on your hair, and the smell of fresh air just around you. In a sudden horrific change of scenery, the sunflowers morph into little monsters with ragged teeth just trying to bite and devour you, the sun seemed to have had an eclipse, and the air is suddenly filled with a chemical that starts suffocating you.

This is how I would describe a great summer day gone bad.





Where do I even start? Maybe it is useless to start at all. Maybe we can begin in the middle, or I can just start ranting about what the heck am I doing with my life in the first place.

But.

There is no use for that now. There never was any use for it.

Let us just say that I was contented with the life I had. Then that competitive part of me just came alive because I wanted to get challenged, and so the challenges came. 

I ended up meeting a lot of people, proving myself of how worthy I was to these new challenges by doing and learning new things. Somehow, all I did was keep trying to prove that I can, and I did. 

At least, for some time.

The flowers started to bloom, the sun shone brightly, and the air just started smelling fresh. It was a pity it did not stay that long. I had a balloon in my right hand, a white one. There was a cotton candy on the left.

Then, the eclipse. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, I have been fighting this one a long time. I am not even going to ask when it will end, but hope that I endure this one long enough to hold onto what is left of me.

The sunflower monsters started biting at my cotton candy. That is gone now.

I just have my balloon, and somehow during the eclipse, it reflected light from what little was left from the sky and it almost made it glow.

Almost.

I guess this will have to do, for now.


I can't do what ten people tell me to do,
so I guess I'll remain the same.
- Otis Redding, "Sitting on The Dock of The Bay"









Share:

0 comments