Tortang Tulong

In the Philippines, we have the term "torta na utak". Torta directly translates to eggplant omelette, and utak means brain. So when one uses that term, it means that your brain is held down by so many things to do, it's starting to get mashed up like scrambled eggs and fried eggplant.

Another word, which is tulong, means help. It can be used with the exact rules of the word "help" in English. If one uses tulong in the middle of the sentence, one is talking about help. If you scream out loud and use it as an action word such as "Tulong!", then that means you need help. 

Bored out of my wits, I decided that if I were to have safe words when I really, desperately need help because I just could not cope with all my deadlines and submissions, all I have to do is cross my fingers and hope that somebody will help me and scream: TORTANG TULONG!

That's all, tortas.




www.freepik.com

Share:

0 comments